When to do Shani Pooja
- If Shani is coming into your ‘rashi’
- If you are afflicted by Sade Saathi.
- If there is ‘adayya’ in your ‘rasi.’
- If you are suffering from the gaze of God Shani.
- If you are working in anything such as connected to iron, travel, trucks, transport, oil, petroleum, medical, press and courts.
- If you do any good work.
- If in your occupation is related to commerce and there is loss in business and worry thereof.
- If you are suffering from incurable diseases like cancers, AIDS, kidney, leprosy, paralysis, heart ailments, diabetes, skin ailments and are fed up, then you should most certainly worship God Shani with ‘ahishek’.
- One must remove the cap or head gear and then pray God.
- In the houses of devotees where there has been a birth or death recently, they do not go to the deity.
Any four of the following items needed for the pooja of God Shani.
1) Rice, black ‘til’ and black string.
2) Flowers and leaves, especially black flowers.
3) Incense sticks.
5) Mustard oil.
6) Sweets offerings.
7) Summer fruits.
8)The leaves of ‘rui’ tree.
10) God Shani’s photo or ‘yanta’
11) Packets made from oil.
12) Black ‘urud.’
15) Pan and supari.
16) Ganga water or holy water.
17) Coconut, horse-shoe of iron .
The procedure of performing pooja of Lord Shani is as Follows :
|1)||Aasanam Samarpayanami||:||Take the posture (aasana)|
|2)||Padya Samarpayanami||:||Offer water to the feet of God Shani.|
|3)||Ardhya Samarpayanami||:||Pour water.|
|4)||Aachamaniya Samarpayanami||:||Drink the water.|
|5)||Snanam Samarpayanami||:||Offer water for the bath of God.|
|6)||Vasram Samarpayanami||:||Offer black cloth.|
|7)||Gandham Samarpayanami||:||Offer the items of camphor, incense etc.|
|8)||Pushpamalam Samarpayanami||:||Offer the flower garland.|
|9)||Dhupam Samarpayanami||:||Light the incense sticks.|
|10)||Deepam Samarpayanami||:||Light the lamp.|
|11)||Akshatam Samarpayanami||:||Offer the rice.|
|12)||Naivedyam Samarpayanami||:||Offer the black ‘til’.|
|13)||Dakshinam Samarpayanami||:||Offer the ‘dakshina.|
|14)||Namaskaram Karomi||:||Do ‘namaskara’.|